Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Is Really Here

Okay...so it's been a while!  It's time to get back into this blogging mode!  I finally decided that life is busy....so I need to get over it!
I am happy to report that I have finally accepted that Christmas is just around the corner. I think I've been in denial for a while now.  It is December 14th and we still don't have our tree up yet....much less any decorations or yuletide fun! What? Did I hear the word 'Scrooge?' Don't go that far! I love Christmas, it's just that the hustle and bustle passed me up this year.  Maybe I'm getting old!
Keith and I took an opportunity to go an view the Live Nativity that a local church displayed this year.  And yes, I did say Live! It was wonderful!  You just drove through in your car and they had the Christmas story displayed in about 5 different scenes complete with real live people and animals to complete the posted scriptures.  What a fantastic display!  I think that finally got me in the Christmas mood to see that beautiful story come to life.  I shot a couple of pictures from the car window although they don't do it justice....sorry about that.  I hope you can kind of see the jist of it.
I hope you in Blogger Land are enjoying the Christmas Season so far.....and watch out...I'm jumping in!

The Angel Gabriel Visits Mary


Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus at the Inn
with the Shepherds and Animals


More Shepherds and a Donkey
Plus a couple of Sheep you can't see


Wise Men from the East


More Wise Men and some Camels....
...I mean Lamas (Wyoming Camels!)



2 comments:

  1. We ended up making it to see the live nativity - thanks for calling and reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't hear about the live nativity, but it looks like it turned out great! I feel like the weeks this year have been flying by. I didn't have time to decorate for Halloween and wasn't in charge of the cooking for Thanksgiving. I don't know what it is about 2009, but I feel off (like it went by without me noticing!). I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and enjoy the season!!

    ReplyDelete