Friday, August 19, 2011

Wow....How Time Flies!

So, it's been a year since I posted on this blog.  Wow!
I really just wanted to take a little time and then come back and update, etc.  But,
apparently the clock was ticking faster than I had planned.
Last fall I took a promotion at work.  I was offered the position of Admissions Supervisor at the hospital where I work.......and it has consumed me!  I manager a department of 9 employees. We are inpatient and outpatient admissions as well as the E.R. admission team.
I have learned so much and being able to be a part of a clinical department is all so new and interesting!  Very different from the world of accounting! I have been working 12 hour days for 9 months now and making lots of positive changes slowly but surely.  I am exhausted most of the time but it is also very fullfilling.
My family has been supportive for the most part, but usually my house looks like a disaster.  I haven't really cooked a meal in ages, and I have a pile of books to catch up on.
Life is funny sometimes isn't it?  I never would have guessed I would have taken this turn, but, the opportunity was there so I took it. 
Hopefully I can get my computer to accept some new pictures of things that have happened in the past few months in our family and get everyone caught up.

No comments:

Post a Comment