Sunday, January 24, 2010

15 Years and Counting!



Today is Quentin's 15th Birthday!
What an amazing 15 years it has been!
I know, I know, I'm the Mom so the word prejudice comes to mind I'm sure, But.....I think Quentin is one of the most unique, gifted, intelligent young men that I have ever known.  He has accomplished more in his fifteen years than most young men his age will ever do and I don't have a doubt that we 'aint seen nothin' yet!'
I want to share some of his accomplishments....I am pretty proud of him.
4.0 Grade Point Average
RMS Student Body President
RHS Freshman Class President
2008 Wyoming Middle School Chess Champion
Speech and Debate Team Member
Accomplished Piano Player
More than Accomplished Trombone Player
Jazz Band Member
2009 All State Orchestra Member (as a Freshman, he scored the 4th highest in the State on his audition)
All of the above....plus a 15-20 hour per week job at Papa Murphy's Pizza
But, it's not just all the things he does on a daily basis....it's more about who he is.
His smile warms my heart!
His tender heart has always shown what a compassionate person he is to anyone....he would spend his last dime or bend over backwards to help someone who needs it....or just to make someone smile.
He never hesitates to volunteer. 
I love to hear him say "Yes Mam" or "Yes Sir" and I get a tear in my eye when I see him hold the door for someone. 
He's not afraid to stand up for what he believes in....sometimes to a fault :)
And....isn't he just the most handsome guy you've seen in a long time?!
I love that kid.....and I can say 'kid' 'cause he's mine.  But, really 'kid' just doesn't cut it anymore.  He's a young man.....and an awsome one at that!
I love you Quentin!  Happy Birthday!





4 comments:

  1. What a great post! I hope he has a Happy Birthday and we'll see you guys soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM QUENTIN'S AUNTIE KAREN AS HE WOULD CALL ME I THINK HE IS A WESOPME YOUNG MAN MY HAT IS OFF TO HIM AND OF COURSE MOM AND DAD LOVE YA KAREN

    ReplyDelete
  3. 15 already?! Don't worry Quentin, in a blink of an eye you will be celebrating your sons' 15th birthday! For now- Happy Birthday and thanx for the memories thus far!
    Love (yes LOVE) Dad

    ReplyDelete